Wednesday, January 14, 2009

MMM Smoothie



Since I'm pregnant, I try to eat healthy & get all the nutrients I need (without eating too many poptarts...), which is hard since I tend to forget to eat in between meals.  But yesterday I made the most amazing smoothie!  Its really easy & really healthy!

1/4 package of silken (soft) tofu
2 whole bananas
1 to 2 cups frozen strawberries (I didn't measure, I had like half a bag left & threw them all in)
3.5 slices of pineapple (I used canned, you know, the pineapple rings)
& some of the pineapple juice

thats all!  no ice to crush, its plenty thick too!  no sugar, no ice cream or yogurt (though yogurt would be healthy too)

You can't taste the tofu at all.  I kept making smoothies before & putting plain yogurt & tofu in it, and it tasted gross so I'd have to add 1T sugar to every glass... I thought it was the tofu, but it was the yogurt!  So, probably vanilla yogurt (or any flavored yogurt) would solve that problem.  
I wear skirts quite a bit because I feel more feminine when I do, and when I don't I had 1 pair of jeans I wore all the time since they are so comfy.  I went through my clothes the other day & found 2 pairs of pants that I haven't been able to wear in like 2 years!  Now, I can't button them, but the legs fit so well (which is why I had to stop wearing them 2 years ago, cuz my legs were fat)

Pretty sure the reason I couldn't wear those pants 2 years ago is because at that time I worked at Panera 5 days a week from 5am-1pm & ate many meals there (employees got an awesome discount!).  Then I would go from work, home for 3 hours & nap, then go to ballet class at night & get home at like 8, and Michael worked close to my apartment when we were dating & so he got off at like 10 and he'd come over & I'd fall asleep & have to get up at 4 the next morning!  So, lack of sleep, bad diet, stress... hmm, but that only lasted a few months, then I quit ballet & started another job as a waitress on top of my panera hours & took 9 hours online college classes.  & I rarely ate breakfast.  I was so unhealthy...  glad that whole part of my life is over!  And, this is a really pointless entry now...

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Hahahah! I like pointless entries! :) That's my kind of language...

You've definately gotten me wanting to go to Jamba Juice for a treat...now that I'm basically off of foo-foo coffee drinks...that sounds so good! That, or make em at home again...but tofu! You're daring ;) I'm a plain yogurt gal myself.

How cool you did ballet?! I'd be wobblin my patookie around the dance floor, kinda farmer gal built ;D Very impressive.