Wednesday, December 2, 2009

sad blogs

I happened to stumble upon this blog . wow! This guys wife has breast cancer, finds out she is pregnant, gives birth to a little girl 3 weeks early and dies a few days after they bring their baby home from the hospital. They should not let mothers read this stuff! Way more sad than any sad movie.

Sometimes I wonder why God has never really given me a huge trial to test my faith... but then I read things like this and I'm like "Please Jesus, never let anything bad happen!" I really could not handle it. Seriously, I use to cry in bed at night from the ages of 6 to yesterday 12 because I was afraid my mom would die. I'm sure this stemmed from watching Full House, and really, why was the mom always dead on every show/movie marykate and ashley ever did? I also cried when I was 2 at Rock-a-Bye Baby because I wanted to know where the mama was!
So, as I'm sitting here crying; Faith asleep in my arms, (by the way, I never really know when to use a semicolon, guess I skipped that part in homeschool lol and the part about overusing parenthesis and "...") I'm so thankful that God has protected us. So, thank you people with sad stories who write blogs... you cause me to remember my blessings!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I don't think I should read that blog. Just thinking about it makes me way sad. :-(

The Carr Family said...

LOL! Sorry... guess my husband's gmail account was signed in for that comment. :-) Oops.

Tonya said...

I won't be reading THAT blog. Can't handle that kind of stuff either. I noticed that most books the kids don't have mothers either. I asked my cousin (who is an author) and she said it just makes you "feel" more for the character. It's sort of planned. Think about all the good books where the child's mother is dead! Anne of Green Gables, Secret Garden, ...