Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Advice needed

Mike is updating his "dreamsheet" and I like to think that someone will actually look at that when they decide where they will send us next (maybe?). So, if anyone has any info- good/bad about these bases, their surrounding areas or if you have suggestions for better ones- let me know! We probably won't be moving for a few more years (like 3 or 4? I don't really know)

Wright-Pat OH (I believe this is in the SW corner... Mike has family in the OH/PA area)

Scott IL (St.Louis)

Tinker OK (OKC)

McGuire NJ

Andrews MD

McConnell (this is 5 min from my parents house!)

Lackland TX (San Antonio)

Hanscom MA (near Boston)



3 comments:

On the Verge-Couples ed. said...

i know lots about wright patt!!! it was RIGHT by my college! call me!

Tonya said...

We'll have to chat. Either at church or I'll have you come over next week. BTW, did the diapers stay clean??

Tonya said...

Since I haven't chatted w/ you about this (and his dream sheet might already be in...), here's my 2 cents.

Choose the one closest to your family first. Hanscom was a great, fun base - LOVE the area. Live on base or it's WAY too pricey. We're considering the one in San Antonio (can't remember the name). Andrews AFB is in a suburb of DC (and not a great area). If you live on base it can be a great area to live in - tons of stuff to do. Living off base would either be way too pricey or you'd have to choose an area way far out - so very long commute or an area you could afford, which would probably not be safe. Wright Patt is a very family friendly area.

That's all I can remember right now. Ask me when you see me! :-)