Thursday, November 5, 2009

Shoes

Don't you hate it when you find really cute, cheap shoes... but they are a 1/2 size too small, but you buy them anyway and hope your feet will magically fit into them after you leave the store or that they will stretch out eventually.

On the right, we have a brown maryjane... $4 at payless. I wore them for 10 min on Sunday before we left for church and got a blister... 10 MINUTES! Not too bad, since I only wasted $4.
And, on the left, we have a brown Coach sneaker... $80, originally $120 (this was in my frivolous spending days, ha!). I think I have worn these once and I've had them for 3 years.
These are my only brown shoes people!
The sneakers didn't feel too bad when I put them on for this picture, surprisingly! Maybe they knew I was thinking of donating them to goodwill for some lucky, lucky person with size 5.5 feet.

4 comments:

On the Verge-Couples ed. said...

four words for you:
Jergens glowing touch lotion.

The Whites said...

hahahahaha is it sad that until you said that I didn't even notice how pale my legs were. thats embarrassing. I will probably never be tan again.

Kristy said...

Beth--a great way to 'stretch' shoes that are a bit too tight is to put them in the dryer for about 5-10 minutes and then immediately put them on with a pair of very thick socks. It works for us! I don't think it would make a shoe a whole half size bigger though, and of course, it wouldn't work for sneakers.
You may want to try it with the mary janes before you send them off to the thrift store.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Yes, I have done this before, and it's quite embarrassing to admit it.

What's worse is to buy shoes you think are cute at the store and when you get them home, they are suddenly "ugly," and you never wear them again. I did this with a pair of heeled flops, which I eventually gave away to a donation facility. Well, I actually wore them once, but they were still "ugly." LOL!