Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Laundry Without a Washing Machine

I really just needed this for my own documentation, because once upon a time, I lost my mind. When we first moved here, we (I) didn't think a washer/dryer was necessary since it was just the 2 of us. So, this is how I did laundry for the first 4 months (before I got sick from being pregnant)... and now I'm using it for our cloth diapers because we are at a hotel due to kitchen remodeling. All can be obtained here


Fill this with clothes, water, and detergent... it actually holds a surprising amount of clothes.

Use the handle to spin it around for 30 sec-2 min depending on size of load.

empty the water with this tube thing, and repeat to rinse.

The "dryer"... this holds surprisingly little amounts of clothes (i have stuffed a pair of jeans in there before though), but takes much less effort than the "washer".

You have to make sure you fill it evenly or it will wobble all over your counter. Set the timer for 1-5 min, and they come out slightly damp.

As much as I hate the line-dry crunchiness (towels are the worst!)... it works. But, don't worry... we do have a washer & dryer now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am literally dying laughing here.

Awwww memories!
You are a better person than me.
I have vowed never in my life to use one of those things again ;P
This makes me miss you even more.
Hope everything is going well for your family.

Rebecca said...

:O !!!!!! LOL! The things to be so grateful for!

Glad to hear you're doing well. Gotta be kinda tough to be in a hotel though, during the remodel.

Well, I'm due in 7 weeks....and just found out that WE are having to short sale our home and MOVE! Eeeekkkk!!!! You never know what life will throw you. Anyways-made me think of you and all that packing you did before baby came. I know I mentioned I'd done it before my 1st baby-but, feeling pretty overwhelmed w/doing it again w/a 3yr old and 15month old.

Also-the home we're moving into used to be called, 'Farmer Brown's'...reminds me of the pic you have up top on your blog-I'll have to post some pics of the before/after of it on my blog when I get a chance....I am planning on turning it into my 'Tuscan Villa' and that's what I call it. Even my 3yr old asks when we're moving to our Tuscan Villa-lol! Can't wait, actually...as I am not a new build house lover, but prefer the cutsey vintage homes. This will be fun to transform! Only downer? No dishwasher-lol! Makes me think of your prior washer/dryer....oh well! living simply :)