Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Still pregnant

Don't worry... I'm still pregnant!  according to my original due date, I'm 41 weeks today.  But.... since we used NFP to chart my cycles & help us get pregnant (and not get pregnant right after we got married, before mike left for basic training), I know when I ovulated... which should actually make my due date on the 8th (and I just realized the original due date was 2 days late anyways, it should have been the 3rd!!  haha).  This all occurred to me this morning.  And, first time moms are on average 8 days past their due date, so that would be the 16th... lets shoot for that.   So, hopefully I can get my midwife to change the due date because that would give me 3 extra days to go into labor on my own before they have to induce me.  Oh and last Thursday I went in to have a "biophysical profile" done, which is an ultrasound and a non-stress test (they do it between 40 & 41 weeks) and I was 3-4 cm, 80% effaced and she is at 0 station... which is great, except that I'm still not in labor, so it really doesn't matter except that when I am in labor I won't be as worried about getting to the hospital and them telling me I'm only 2 cm after 10 hours of labor.  lol But, if I do end up going 2 weeks over, she said all they would need to do is break my water and I would probably go into labor, which is good since we're trying to avoid drugs. 

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I LOVE your patience...I was absolutely STIR crazy each and every day over both of my due dates and BOTH babies ended up being exactly 10 days overdue. And you're already 80% effaced and 3-4 cent dialated!!!!!!!! WoW! Especially for your first! I hope that means a nice and easier delivery.

Even w/my second baby, and 10 days over due, I was hardly effaced and only 1-2 cent. dialated when labor started...then 10hrs into labor and crying I was still only 3cm dialated-lol! Wow-our bodies are all different. I'm hoping w/baby #3 (3rd baby in in 3yrs) that I will already be halfway through labor before I even know it...that it'll just drop right out of me-loL! :D