Monday, May 4, 2009

I'm due TOMORROW

This was me last week... 39 weeks.  


This is just one of the maternity pictures we had taken, they were a while ago though. 

I really can't believe how close it is!  I still don't expect it to ever happen, since for the past 9 months I've been thinking about how far away May was and now its here!   I'm kind of freaking out and keep thinking of things I still need to do around the house.  But, alas, here I am, not doing any of them.  

I think she 'dropped' last week.  I have a lot more pain in my tailbone & pubic bone.   But I still sleep through the night without waking up to pee (well, last night I woke up like 5 times, it felt like she was clawing my cervix with her razor blade fingers... thanks baby!).  I get braxton hicks contractions, but my uterus has been diligently exercising itself since 24 weeks, so thats nothing new.  If I don't have the baby by Thursday then I go in for an ultrasound/non-stress test so I'm pretty excited about that even if it means I am still pregnant.  I really don't feel 'that' pregnant.  I'm not too uncomfortable, so she can stay in there as long as she wants as far as I'm concerned.   lol  Oh and... if you want to guess the birth date, weight, height-  we have a game set up at www.expectnet.com  the game name is babywhite9

We moved into our new house.  It only took a week to completely unpack all the boxes & organize everything, so I'm glad thats all done.  And they still haven't redone the counters (apparently they will be redoing the interior of the cabinets too, so we will have to take everything out of the kitchen), I call the housing company and they can't tell me anything except that they will call me when they get the shipment in.  Sure am glad we went ahead and moved in when we did instead of waiting for the cabinets to be done... we would still be in our old house right now!  I've stopped worrying about it and I will just tell them NO if they call wanting to do it anytime in the next month and a half.... its their own fault!

Well, now I've wasted an hour.  I need to go do one of those projects on my list now.  

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh, I'm so excited for you! I've been checking back every now and then looking for an update w/baby, so I'm so glad to see one-and w/pics-great!:)

I think that's a VERY reasonable thing to do-the part about saying 'no' to the counters being done while you have a new baby at home. Even though this will be baby#3 for me, I am finally learning that it's 'okay' to set strong boundaries after baby is born, and to even say no visitors, etc., for the first 6 weeks. You really need that much time for bonding, nursing establishment, and routine to take place, on top of your hormones readjusting and your body healing. Of course, I hope my mom pops her head in every day, but that's it! Our church was fantastic w/baby #2 with bringing meals to us the first couple weeks-but, I'm actually going to decline that this time around unless they are brought before baby and are freezable. (It's no fun answering the door to people every afternoon in a bathrobe, sore chest, and a messy house-loL!)

That reminds me...if you don't have fam/friends around...I'd definately be preparing a week or two's worth of frozen dinners for you guys. It's insane how much these little ones take from you-wonderful too, though...especially if you can enjoy it w/out having to worry about what to eat.

Anyways-enjoy the hrs you have left and what an awesome attitude you have about it! Can't wait to hear how it happens!:D

May the Lord bless you and give you strength, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. May you feel His presence right by your side during delivery, bringing you perfect peace.

The Whites said...

I'm so glad you said that about not having visitors! Our church wants to bring over meals too... and I really want the meals, but I am soo afraid of the baby catching something! So, I don't really know what to do, Michael gets 10 days off work, so I can just have him running interference with the food while I stay in another room with the baby.

How long did you wait before taking your babies out, like to church, etc.?

ohio12 said...

Congrats Beth! Keep us posted. I would take the meals from your church. I always just had people wash their hands if they wanted to hold the baby. Although you could also say "no," and just take the meals people will understand. Just really enjoy the baby. You sure handled pregnancy like a champ. I was mostly miserable the whole time. Blessings galore!

ohio12 said...

PS: I just read what the other lady said again and I wanted to add that you realy should just do what YOU really want to do and feel comfortable doing. That is going to be different for every one. And sometimes you don't know until you have been through it once. I enjoyed it the second time around infinitly more.

Tonya said...

Take the meals!!! If you don't want or need them right then you can always freeze them. You will have days where cooking is the last thing you have energy for. Plus, bonding with the baby and establishing nursing are the most important things (oh, and letting your body heal). And, say NO to the countertops. Without a doubt, say no.

Oh, you can also ask people to bring meals that are freezable - and tell them what hours are good for you to have people drop by. We've all been there, so are very understanding!

Please let us know when you go into labor so we can be praying for you. I still have lots of baby girl clothes for you. Just haven't been at church!

Anonymous said...

Beth,

I'm SO happy for you (and I haven't even had a child yet), but from the look on your face in your cute prego pictures, you and your husband look SO happy! This is great!

Anyway, take care, and let us see some pictures of your little girl when you get the chance!