Wednesday, April 8, 2009

MOVING!

I have been meaning to update for a while because so many things have been going on!  And, then I come into our computer room, and the USB thing that connects the memory card for our camera to the computer has been packed!!!  grrr...  so, no pictures.  

We are moving!  One block away, literally.  The housing company on base said that our house would probably be remodeled in August.  Turns out they are ahead of schedule.  So, 2 weeks ago we got this notice saying we had 30 days to move, we go to the housing office and they say it won't actually be until late May/early June.  I'm like uhh... no!  Moving with a newborn??  I think not.  So, thankfully, there was a house available sooner and we are moving this weekend.   We got the keys today (we had already seen the inside a week and a half ago because there were no doorknobs on any of the outside doors... so we "broke" in) and the whole house must have been painted like yesterday, it smells horrible!  

I have been slowly packing our house for 2 weeks, so it hasn't been overwhelming.  I hate being pregnant and not able to lift heavy things!  Though, I have successfully disassembled a twin size fully wooden bed and our 8 foot dining room table by myself!  

The house is nice though, the master bed & basement are much bigger, it has nicer bathrooms, and a fireplace and a garage... with a garage door opener!  Oh, but we will be having to move out around the 20th of this month for a few days while they re-do the kitchen counter tops (apparently the shipment was delayed)... hmmm great.  Anyone know if I should take everything out of the cabinets while this is happening?  I don't want everything covered in dust!

I'm also excited about having a new address, people don't understand our address now which is 4518E E. streetname (thats right 2 'E's)... and then to live in a 'city' that is an acronym including the similar sounding letters of S & F.  Now we will be at 4501A W. street name... less confusing I hope.  

I'm 36 weeks now!  27 days left hopefully (and not 41 days!).  

I'll have pictures after we unpack.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beth, I'm so happy for you! Congratulations on the new house! I usually don't comment, but I thought I might since you asked for advice on the counter-tops. When we had ours done, we took out all of the stuff in the lower cabinets, but I don't think you'll have to worry about the higher ones. If I can remember correctly, the thing we were most worried about was the floor, as the men who did the counter-tops were tracking in a lot of nasty stuff. It's only a precautionary step to do that, so I'm not really recommending anything except cleaning out the lower cabinets.

Rebecca said...

That new home sounds like a blessing (w/more space for you two & baby), just a bummer about having to leave for a couple days near the end of the month. Two great things could happen though...1.) You have the baby at that time and are away at the hospital delivering (unless of course, you're 'homebirthin' it ;D and 2.) EVEN better, you get a last little 'retreat' for the 2 of you before baby arrival :D

As for moving this late in pregnancy, I feel for ya! W/my first baby, while I was in my 8th month, I was busy handing my 5th grade class over to a long-term sub to finish out the school yr for me (I was due June 2nd) and packing/selling our home by myself as well (well, okay-not the selling part, my husband did that w/the realor-lol!) but keeping the house in pristine shape for buyers, all the while packing it up and then we moved across country in a 3day car trip (what a sore bum I had, we even had a frantic search at the end of day 1 for a Walgreen's so I could buy a plastic blow-up pillow to sit on while I drove...my tailbone was killin' me!), and arriving in the 9th month w/unpacking, getting babies room together, etc. So, I totally feel ya! I just hope you get the rest you need before baby comes and are completely settled in w/peace of mind. Of course, even if you don't, things will work themselves out, and what an exciting next month you have!

Enjoy!